Though hard seltzers are being pulled from stores’ shelves in Utah, don’t fret. Hard tonneau covers are here to stay. No legislative bill can stand up to the strength, security, and style of the Renegade Cover.
Perhaps you’re not ready to admit the truth. Maybe a soft tonneau cover will do! While vinyl, canvas, or another cloth material does provide a cheap option, it’s just that: cheap. These simply won’t be reliable products. But did you know the quality of hard tonneau covers vary too?
From a meta perspective, you’ve got plastic, fiberglass, and aluminum. However, the first two don’t merit much attention, as one-piece or single-panel truck bed covers lack serious functionality. Don’t even get us started on load-bearing strength!
In your search, you may find retractable or roll-up covers that feature aluminum. A low cost and solid product? Nope, it’s too good to be true. These covers have serious security flaws, plus they aren’t strong enough to carry any weight on top, limiting their usefulness.
Hard Tonneau Cover
So what now? Is it even possible to find this unicorn of a hard tonneau cover for your beloved truck?
Aluminum, folded, hard tonneau covers seem like the way to go, and this seems simple enough. But no two are the same. It’s important to ask the following:
1. What’s the functionality of the panels? Do they fold over onto the others, or do they simple open at an angle to grant access?
2. If they fold up, do they stay in place? Do they block the view out your back window?
3. How does it look? Is it a low-profile cover or bulky? Is it smooth on top, so you could slide something onto it, or are there brackets in the way?
4. What’s the weight-bearing capacity? Would it hold you if you needed to get up there? What about a snowmobile or overloading set-up?
5. Is it secure? How does the lock work? What number of locking pins are there?
6. What’s the installation process like? How can you be sure it will fit seamlessly on your truck?
7. How well does it work with accessories? Will drilling be necessary?
The questions go on and on. But, lucky for you, Renegade answers them all.
Renegade is a tri-fold hard tonneau cover, that fold up fully to a height of 6 inches, which doesn’t block your back window. It’s low profile, at 1.5″ high and doesn’t have any protruding pieces of hardware. The Renegade Cover can hold up to 2,000 lbs on top and locks securely without any keys. No drill installation and no drilling to add accessories into the integrated L-track.
The Renegade Difference
With Renegade though, you’ll have a cover made of Military-Grade aluminum, built to withstand any challenge – manmade or a force of nature. This trifold hard tonneau cover has a weight-bearing capacity of 2,000 lbs, making you ready for any load.
This low-profile cover folds up efficiently, without blocking your rear view or taking up space in your truck bed. It only measures 6″ in height when folded. Plus, it’s as smooth as can be, ready to slide a piece of plywood or hold whatever’s loaded on top evenly.
It’s also simple to install (or remove) without a drill, while still being the most secure hard tonneau cover on the market! Renegade offers key accessories, as well as the functionality to work with your favorite racks.
Got more questions? Bring them on. But, spoiler alert, Renegade is the best hard tonneau cover out there. What are you waiting for?
Renegade Tonneau Cover
Renegade cover is a highly modular, heavy-duty tonneau cover for your truck with top in class for security and functionality.
- Weight Bearing up to 2,000 lbs
- Made with military-grade aluminum construction
- Integrated L-Track for multiple accessory mounting
- 4 Heavy-Duty anchor points included with the purchase